Now, this is a song that describes my life and liberation. It's also pretty emo, but its just waht the doctor ordered. That is to say, classic wounded victim learns to BE. I wrote this song in 2005 when I decided that I wanted to become a recording artist and break the chains that restricted that in my life... As if I did. But, in my defense, I still have more time, right? Enjoy...
"Verse 1:
I always thought if I could play it safe,
I'd never lose,
I'd never hurt.
I never spent to much on what could be,
Believed in me,
Learned how to fly.
Pre-Chorus:
But then I looked into the looking glass.
I saw a hollow tree stuck in barren grass.
I looked inside and saw it wasn't me.
I'd have to fight to become what I should be.
Chorus:
I lived my life on amber
Coz you taght me I could never be
Anything if I just sailed away on my dreams
I sold my dreams and sailed away on a galaxy of real
Now Green is for go
When Amber was just for dreams...
Just for me.
Verse 2:
And now i sit here tryna claim it back -
The loss of time
All left behind
But it's over now, I'm so alive!
I'm finally me -
So finally free.
Pre-chorus:
Coz when I'd looked into the looking glass
I'd seen a hollow tree stuck in barren grass
I'd looked inside and seen it wasn't me
And so I fought to become what I should be!
Chorus:
I lived my life on Amber
Coz you taught me I could never be
Anything if I just sailed away on my dreams.
I sold my dreams and sailed away on a galaxy of real
Now Green is for go
When Amber was just for dreams...
Just for me.
Bridge:
I never really threw caution to the wind coz it's
A part of who I am.
It's what I've been for so long but
I learned to really live and go on what I trust because
All I knew was Amber I appreciate what it means to GO!!
GO!!
GO!!
CHORUS
I lived my life on Amber
Coz you taught me I could never be
Anything if I just sailed
Away on my dreams
Sold my dreams and sailed away
On a galaxy of real.
Now Green is for Go
When Amber was just for dreams.
Just for me
Bridge 2
No safety there for me
I need to take the risk
I got nothing left to lose.
I can't lose if I choose to stay
But can't win if i don't play.
My sun will rise today!!!
Chorusx 2 + bridge 2
till fade..."
Just an ordinary, every other day blog on the ordinary and every other day life of a highly extraordinary once-in-a-life-time girl...
About Me
- Ntsaki C Cabana
- Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- I am a pretty crazy individual with alot of controversial opinions which are, however, very well thought out. I am a bi-polar and borderline sufferer (although I prefer the term "enjoyer") and very often play host to numerous voices. I love my life and I love being, but most of all I love being me!
No comments:
Post a Comment