Do you believe...?
I've been reading up on various religions out there and that has lead me to a sort of scientific confusion but a spiritual epiphany. Now, this is all my opinion so if it offends anyone, I apologise as that is not what it was meant to do.
Whilst all these different religions claim to be "The Right Way" - and dogmatically so, I have found that there is in truth, no smoke without fire. Every religion has its truth. Otherwise, it just wouldn't be.
Now - All the Abrahamic religions will sit there and gasp at the above comment. Well like I said I mean not to offend.
See, what the Monotheistic religions (Especially the three main ones) would have everyone believe is that there is only one God. Whilst I do not dispute that, I do believe (just as in Hinduism) that this one God has many different facets which (s)he reveals to each person in a different way.
If humans can have different personalities, and we're made from God's likeness, then who are we to decide that God is one.
So... God is omniscient, omnipotent and all that other pretty stuff. That's great!!! So, what? That means he can see everything all at the same time? Why does that matter to anyone? And why should it? Why should we cower at the thought of God watching over us? And yet we find solice in the notion that he is judging everyone else. Since every religion teaches that the important bit is your relationship with your Creator/Lord-and-Master/Holy-One/Saviour or whomever else you choose to call him, why are we comforted by the belief that all other people who don't "find Him/Her" (especially in our terms) are automatically doomed to eternal damnation? So human...
Now consider this: All religions always preach harmony and tolerence (and this isn't a new concept - it is in every one of the religous literature that exists), yet humanity is never short of a Jihad, or Crusade or a Reconquista?
I believe that spirituality is inate. Just as the colour Red still remains the same, be it called Vermelho, Rouge, Rooi or Hong-se, The Divine is always the Divine; whether you say God, Allah, Yahweh or anything else. All that matters is your relationship with Him/her/It/Them...
Religion, on the other hand? That is a powerful weapon which people use to enslave, degrade and vilify one another for their own personal gain. A very controversial man once said:
-"Religion is the opiat of the masses"
That man was Karl Marx. You decide if that is true...
Just an ordinary, every other day blog on the ordinary and every other day life of a highly extraordinary once-in-a-life-time girl...
About Me
- Ntsaki C Cabana
- Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- I am a pretty crazy individual with alot of controversial opinions which are, however, very well thought out. I am a bi-polar and borderline sufferer (although I prefer the term "enjoyer") and very often play host to numerous voices. I love my life and I love being, but most of all I love being me!
No comments:
Post a Comment