SKAT
VERSE 1:
If the colour of my skin
Reflects on my within -
Then I'm dark,
But I'm strong.
I'm made for where I'm from;
And I'm beautiful.
Yeah.
Reflection of the Sun.
God made me number one.
VERSE 2:
And if the pigment of my hide
Reflects on my inside -
Well then, I'm tanned,
But I'm not tainted:
The flavour without the sin,
Yeah.
I'm brown, but I've got soul.
And yes, you're white,
You're not a ghoul.
We're shiny,
Yes we are gold.
It's the sparkle in the eyes -
I'm told
SKAT
BRIDGE:
If the crevices of this place,
They determine what's on your face:
Then you're scarred -
But you're proud
You grew.
I grew.
We grew.
Harmony...
Yeah...
SKAT
VERSE 3:
If the colour of your skin
It reflects on your within
Then you're ...?
But you're strong.
You're made for where
We
Are
From
Just an ordinary, every other day blog on the ordinary and every other day life of a highly extraordinary once-in-a-life-time girl...
About Me
- Ntsaki C Cabana
- Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- I am a pretty crazy individual with alot of controversial opinions which are, however, very well thought out. I am a bi-polar and borderline sufferer (although I prefer the term "enjoyer") and very often play host to numerous voices. I love my life and I love being, but most of all I love being me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this. when i was reading this, I envisioned a duet, singing in harmony of course, and one acoustic guitar. maybe a hand drum and thats it. simplicity.
ReplyDeleteNice song. :-) I like that it talks both about how the outside reflects on the inside, and also how it doesn't reflect it too.
ReplyDeleteFickle Cattle
ficklecattle.blogspot.com