So...
Allegedly Pisceans are a very spiritual bunch. A wierd and wonderful lot. Highly adventurous. With a playful... and very dark side. Allegedly sensual and creative - Deeply spiritual and complex...
Okay, granted, most of that stuff is true but for me it is all about a higher plan. Lemme break it down:
Lust - much like hunger and thirst is a natural animalistic craving. Now, unfortunately, humans have decided that we (although, falling under the category of animal) are far too superior to all the other animals. So far superior, in fact, that we cast shame on essential needs. If it is natural to burp, why is it a shame to enjoy sex?
On the other hand, there's the whole "God Debate". The church(es) would have us believe that it is more of a decree than it is a debate. Well, whatever your opinion on it, you are entitle to hold. Just don't judge others for theirs. I'm just saying...
Now, my Bible-Basher compadres have great ways of making sexuality look bad. They have every arguement in the book:
"We are living in times where the world is trying to change the standards and moral commandments that were set down by God thousands of years ago. But God is holy and just and does not change, and neither will His standards for us change or be shaped by the so-called progressiveness of this sinful world. So the question becomes who will you be obedient to? Whose standards will you follow -- God's or this world's?"
http://www.jesusisthelight.net/sexandlust.htm
Now... What to shut down first?
God IS and is ALL ABOUT change. Why did Jesus come down? What the eff is the beloved "New Commandment"? Why do christians eat pork? And MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE: Where, oh where, did these other people who facilitated the existence of the rest of humanity suddenly spring up from after Abel died and there were no other women save for his mother? So am I to accept that incest is a normal part of a holy and devout life, however, sexual gratification with anyone that I have not forced myself to have to spend a possible eternity with is abominable in the eyes of God?
See, what the "Happy Clappies" use to their advantage is that if something is not explicitly stated in the Holy Book (Note to READER - There are scores of Holy Books in the documented history of humans and that's even before we learned how to write!! *No Offence*), then it automatically becomes WRONG!
WRONG? However, when an individual decides to question the Churches' pop-culture, they are accused of heresy, blasphemy and being the ANTI-CHRIST! (If that is not blasphemy, I don't know what is.)
Now, the opinion I hold is very controversial. I, having been born and raised Catholic, would be looked down upon by alot of other Catholics and Christians for the views that I am about to share:
Firstly, the Bible, although written by the "Spirit-inspired", was compiled by The (Greater Christian) church. The Vatican has for so long, decided what they deem as relevant to the Bible and whether or not certain books may be included or excluded. Hence, there beng so many different version of the Bible. The Vatican has too, sent armies to kill innocents, funded government and political agendas and in general schemed and plotted in order to make "The True Religion" seem, for the most part, immaculate.
The Bible refers to Jesus' brothers. In a notably different way to which it refers to His disciples. I know that I do believe that Mary was a virgin at Jesus' birth, however the Bible neglects to tell us what explicitly happens after the era of the nativity and Jesus' "1st Miracle". Why is it that the Church can fill-in-the-blanks, but when others hypothesize on the matter then they are heretics? Secondly.
I could go on forever about this whole Bible thing, but I would rather not.
I believe that adultery is wrong. Just because of the fact that there is the blatant disregard for another human's interests and security. Pre-marital fornication on the other hand.... Well, the jury is definately still out on that one. If you live your life honestly to the people around you and yourself, you can seldom go wrong.
Sex is beautiful. It is life's naturalu drug. In religous terms, God created it and ensured that it was pleasurable. Now the only thing left is to praise Him and all existance by thanking and taking part in the joy of it (if one would like to) and to stop casting shame on the beauty that we have been given.
But ALWAYS... responsibly.
Just an ordinary, every other day blog on the ordinary and every other day life of a highly extraordinary once-in-a-life-time girl...
About Me
- Ntsaki C Cabana
- Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- I am a pretty crazy individual with alot of controversial opinions which are, however, very well thought out. I am a bi-polar and borderline sufferer (although I prefer the term "enjoyer") and very often play host to numerous voices. I love my life and I love being, but most of all I love being me!
Hey, I like it. I totally agree. I really have never understood the borderline taboo on sex, or anything sexual. Yeah that's a logical fallacy, being that just because I don't understand it does not mean that it is't logical or understandable, but I'm just sayin. Again, I really like what you wrote, Peace. =D
ReplyDelete